When it comes to travel, there are definitely some MUST items I can't do without. Take a sneak peak in my bag of the OCD traveller for business and pleasure. Besides my iphone and ipad, these are the apps and products that have changed the way I travel forever! (Links are affiliated).
1. SPG Amex Credit Card - Being a traveler NOT loyal to airlines mainly using the most convenient airline that has a direct flight. Only issue with not being loyal to an airline is my points are all over the place, so I decided to settle with a hotel credit card. Not only do they have a great sign up bonus of 25k points but I also get 5 points for every dollar I spend with Starwood Hotel. The other perk I love about this card is that it gives me access to Boingo Wifi. This is important for me when traveling in airports.
2. Away: The Bigger Carry On - Unless I am going on a long vacation, I HATE checking in my bags. I try to carry on as much as I can, the process of having to wait for a bag after a flight feels like a waste of time. In business, I want to jump off the plane and get to my rental car center or UBER as fast as possible. So I need the maximum carry on as possible. At first, I was using Brookstone's carry on from 2008, and its definitely got its use of 9 years, but the built in battery and the TSA lock had me at hello and it was time for an upgrade. $245 Well spent! Click on the link and get $20 off your order!
3. Victorinox Backback - These are the best backpacks for business and personal travel. They have so many pockets and can store everything I need; they also look professional. I've had my backback for 5 years now and the quality is amazing. When its time to get a new bag, I will look to Victorinox to replace.
4. Herbivore Botanicals - All Natural Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist : This is one of my favorite product lines of all time!!! I use it before the flight, during the flight, and after the flight. I also spritz before I go to bed, and after I jump out of the shower. $21 on Amazon! Also, if you like to use bath soaks, try the Herbivore All Natural Coconut Milk Bath Soak (Not Travel Friendly Unfortunately).
5. Fishers Finery - Fringe Throw Blanket - 100% Pure Cashmere - Dark Gray - If you are like me and get very cold on planes, I would suggest investing in a nice travel blanket. I can't get enough of my Cashmere Throw. Its so soft and it keeps me warm. When I am not using it I like to put it behind my back for lumbar support.
6. Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones - By far I have gotten the most use of any headphone I have ever used. The sound is amazing and so comfortable that you can fall asleep with them on. I originally had the QuietComfort 15 but Bose discontinued them, they are my spare set and still work great! If you don't believe me, check out the reviews from Review.com they were rated best bluetooth headphones on the market.
7. Flonase Sensimist Allergy Relief Nasal Spray - If you have allergies, you know that traveling can make your allergies flare up even more. The constant recycled air on the plane, the dust from hotel pillows and mattress. I also have asthma and this gives me relief with my sinuses. I spray before each flight.
8. TripIt (FREE)- I love free travel apps and this one organizes my travel itineraries by pulling them from my email inbox. The PRO version $48.99/year allows you to get flight status alerts, knowing right away when there is a delay or cancellation, check-in reminders (great for southwest flyers), alternate flights (life saver when dealing with delayed or cancelled flights), seat tracking, reward tracking, fare refund monitoring, automatic trip sharing, and VIP Perks (4 Month free trial with CLEAR, and $25 One time Credit with Lounge Buddy).
9. Belkin 3 Outlet Surgeplus Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports - This has got to be the best invention, since I have so many things I need to charge when I travel (laptop, ipad, iphone, headphones), I need multiple outlets and hotels usually only give you one outlet to use next to each bedside table which leaves me to charge my iphone in the bathroom sometimes (not ideal). If you are a tech geek traveller like me I would invest in one of these puppies.
10. Audible - I love to read, but reading puts me straight to sleep, audible was the perfect option since traveling I can listen in the car, plane, or hotel. I made it new years resolution to read 12 books a year to better myself, motivate, and educate. There are some great books and for $14.95/mo and your first month free, you can listen to not only books but podcasts as well. I love audible. Best invention ever!